Want to immerse yourself in the best of what Victoria has to offer? Our 4 day Great Ocean Road and Grampians tour may be just the thing for you!
Get ready to spend 4 days camping in the great outdoors, amongst the wildlife and awesome scenery that Victoria has to offer with a great, friendly bunch! With action packed in all day, and all meals included you will get value and more when you decide to Hop To It with us!
Starting in the Grampians National Park you will get a chance to hike to awe inspiring lookouts and waterfalls. Next we head for 3 days on the Great Ocean Road where you will see the highlights like the 12 Apostles outside of normal peak tourist times, have a full day in the Otway Rainforest and also have the chance to hit the surf on the Surf Coast near one of the world's iconic surf beaches, Bells Beach.
Going for a 4 day tour to the Grampians and Great Ocean Road really gives you the time to properly explore these areas, instead of rushing from site to site. Included is a night in a private wilderness spot which will really allow you to immerse yourself in the Aussie way of camping.
All campsites are privately run meaning facilities such as showers and toilets are available, there is WIFI access and our bus has charging points for each of you, meaning no fighting over power!
10% off for bookings of 4 people!
14 people/tour maximum
What is included in the tour
- Entry into the 25m high Otway Treetop Walk
- All camping equipment including comfortable tents & swags to sleep in and access to power
- All food while on tour including snacks before dinner
- Comfortable Mercedes mini bus
- WiFi in bus and charging points
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Expert tour leader, making sure you are comfortable everywhere you go
What is NOT included in the tour
- Certain optional activities (see itinerary)
- Alcohol, soft drinks (we provide tea/coffee and water)
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- See the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, London Arch and more on the Great Ocean Road
- Hike up to the Pinnacles Lookout, hike down to Mackenzie Falls and hike across to the Balconies in the Grampians
- Rainforest walks in the Otway Rainforest including the option to zipline through the treetops
- Visit Bells Beach and hit the surf at Torquay, the home of major surfing brands like Rip Curl and Quiksilver
- Chance to see amazing wildlife like kangaroos, koalas and emus at Tower Hill
- Chocolate tastings at Great Ocean Road Choolaterie
- Night three camp out at our own private campground in permanent tents in the Otway Rainforest
DAY ONE - GRAMPIANS NATIONAL PARK
- Pick up from Melbourne
- Arrive in Halls Gap and go to camp site for our first chance to go through our set up
- Visit the Brambuk Aboriginal Centre
- Short hike to see Mackenzie Falls from both the bottom and top
- Check out the amazing views from The Balconies, Reid Lookout & Boroka Lookout
- Camp at Halls Gap inside the Grampians
DAY TWO - GREAT OCEAN ROAD
- Do the Pinnacles Lookout hike in the Grampians before leaving for Great Ocean Road
- On the way stop at Tower Hill Nature Reserve and spot koalas, emus and other wildlife
- After passing Warrnambool we hit the start of the Great Ocean Road
- Go to the culinary town of Timboon and visit the ice creamery or distillery
- Visit the Bay of Islands
- Camp at Peterborough
DAY THREE - 12 APOSTLES AND THE OTWAY RAINFOREST
- Visit London Arch, the Grotto, Loch Ard Gorge and the12 Apostles including option to do Scenic Helicopter Ride
- Enter the Otway Rainforest
- Arrive at Otway Fly and experience a breath taking birds-eye-view of the magnificent Otway Rainforest from their 25 metre-high elevate walkway or option to fly 30 metres high from tree to tree on their Zipline Tour.
- Camp at a private campground at King Parrot Cottages amongst the Otway Forest
DAY FOUR - GREAT OCEAN ROAD
- Drive to Lorne and visit Erskine Falls
- Stop at Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie
- Stop at Bells Beach and check out Australia's most iconic surf beach
- Arrive at Torquay beach and enjoy the water in a properly lifeguarded surf beach or tour the surf shops or museum
- Drive back to Melbourne, arriving approximately 5pm
FOR A MORE COMPREHENSIVE IDEA OF PLACES WE GO ON TOUR LOOK AT THESE BLOG ARTICLES: